At Christ Church Primary School and Nursery our vision is for every child to
LOVE to LEARN and LEARN to LOVE
The Christ Church family embraces all backgrounds, cultures and religions whilst being inspired by and equipped for the endless possibilities in life provided by an excellent education. Our children will leave this school feeling proud of who they are because each individual child will have collaborative experiences that respect and value them as well as their culture. They will be able to share their views, which will be listened to with respect. This in turn will enable them to listen to the views of others in order to learn that a balanced view is necessary for good living.
We want our vision and values to be shared, owned and understood by our whole school community, including our pupils, parents, staff and governors.
In order for our children to LOVE to LEARN we aim to:
- Deliver excellence in education that builds life long memories and supports pupils in contributing to society and achieving economic wellbeing in the future
- Provide a stimulating and secure environment that motivates and inspires our pupils to learn, where the arts are celebrated and well-being is cherished
- Encourage pupils to have high expectations, to develop resilience and to value their own achievements
- Design a curriculum that is inclusive and addresses the specific needs of our pupil, providing equality of opportunity for all pupils
- Promote collaboration with other schools in order to share and develop best practice
In order for our children to LEARN to LOVE we aim to create an ethos where:
- The wellbeing of every child is paramount with a highly functioning pastoral system
- There is a culture of mutual trust, respect, honesty, care and support
- Children learn to live a healthy lifestyle
- The school values, celebrates and engages with the diverse community we serve
- The school actively promotes the British values of democracy, the rule of law, tolerance, individual liberty and mutual respect